Our Governors are:
|Name||Category of Governor||Term of Office||Committees||Position of Responsibility||Register of Business / Pecuniary Interests|
|Glen Buckingham||Local Authority||Sept 2014 – Sept 2018||Appeals
Premises/Health and Safety
|Bernie Cleland||Headteacher||All committees||Related to website hosting owner|
|Nikki Mayhew||Parent||Sept 2014 – Sept 2018||Hearings
Finance and Personnel
|Neil Scoresby||Co-Opted||Oct 2015 – Oct 2019||Appeals
Finance and Personnel
|Judith Hinchcliffe||Co-opted||Nov 2014 – Nov 2018||Hearings
Special Educational Needs
|Anneke Borrett||Staff||March 2016 – March 2020||Curriculum||None|
|Jan Fawdry||Co-opted||Dec 2016 – Dec 2020||None|
|Amanda Jones||Co-opted||Jan 2017 – Jan 2021|
|Name||Category||Term of Office||Committees||Position of Responsibility|
|Louise Berry||Parent||July 2013 – April 2016||Hearings
Able, Gifted and Talented
|Rosie Hutchinson||Co-opted||Feb 2012 – Feb 2016||Appeals
|Gerraint Harries||Parent||July 2011 – Term ended July 2015||Finance and Personnel|
|Judith Brown||Staff||Resigned Oct 2015||Finance and Personnel|
Our meetings are clerked by Peter Lambert.
What does the governing body do?
Working with the head teacher, the governors’ main focus is to raise standards of achievement at the school. We do this in a number of different ways:
- by receiving and challenging information about the school’s performance and comparing it with past performance and national averages for example.
- by establishing what the school’s strengths and weaknesses are and deciding on priorities for improvement.
- ensuring that the school has a school development plan that sets out all the actions to be taken to drive that improvement – and then monitor the progress of the plan.
We also have responsibility for appointing the head teacher and we also determine how the money the school receives from the local authority is allocated.
What don’t we do?
- Inspect the school – that’s for Ofsted but we do visit the school regularly.
- Share concerns about staff capabilities or comment about the teaching.
- Recruit teachers and non-teaching staff.
- Authorise all expenditure.
All this is done with one goal in mind – to help the school improve.
If you would like to know more or have any ideas please let us know, in the first instance by contacting the Chair via the school office.
Helmingham Community Primary School Governing Body attendance record.